Thursday, August 25, 2011

Affordable Body Lotion with Instant Effects


I think when it comes to choosing body lotion, you don't need an expensive brand to get the kind of healthy, smooth skin celebrities have. Often we need to spend within our budget and there are actually many types of amazing body lotion sold in high street shops. I know because I've tried using some really cheap lotions to branded ones like Chanel Coco Mademoiselle Body Lotion. I can afford trying different kinds (including scented ones) as I don't have sensitive skin - you might wanna choose carefully if you're allergic to certain ingredients. Nivea SOS Relief Body Lotion has become one of my favourite lotions since last year. It's affordable and you can easily get it from any Boots stores. It used to come in a 200ml tube when I first discovered it last year (it used to cost more too) and recently, I can only find the version displayed above. Clearly, it's aimed for people with very dry skin whose skin needs to be instantly relieved and soothed. My skin type is normal to dry, which means I don't really need this lotion, but I still love it. It soothes the skin immediately and you'll get a baby-soft skin in about 10-15 minutes after application. A friend of mine who accidentally touched my skin last year actually asked how I managed to keep it soft and smooth. I used to have pretty bad skin, but I think it's because I never really use lotion regularly at home due to the humidity and heat. Since coming to England, I couldn't really afford doing the same thing ( I hate the idea of cracking skin) and started the habit of applying lotion regularly. I love having a silky smooth back and I absolutely hate it when my back is not moisturised enough - this lotion does a perfect job.

A few pointers about the application. You might find it sticky and annoying if you put on too much during summer (especially if you're living in a humid country), but this is not a really big problem in the UK. Try to apply moderately and see if it has covered most of your body. I particularly love using it after shower and before sleeping at night since I would no longer go out (lower probability of sweating). I personally also find it more effective if you apply it immediately after taking shower, especially because my skin absorbs more quickly that way. You can still feel that your skin stays smooth the next morning. The downside is it's scented - if you have sensitive skin or are allergic towards fragrance, you might not want to try this. 

1 comment:

  1. i am using the DOVE one, since i brought it wrong. i wanted to by bath gel. it turned out to a LOTION....:(

    Too rich for me. wish to finish it asap...

    ReplyDelete