Friday, September 2, 2011

My Ever Growing Book Collection


I'm sharing with you a picture I recently took of my ever growing book collection. I have a small bookshelf in my room, but I have other books placed there, so I'm utilising the bars next to my bed. It's actually pretty convenient for my hand to reach the books as I'm constantly next to my laptop these days. As you can see, my reading choices are just as random as my blog entries can be. I love fiction, especially literary fiction. I bought Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov and The Unbearable Lightness of Being by Milan Kundera even after I've read them. But you know, sometimes you just love certain titles so much that you actually wanna own and re-read them. I've recently finished reading the two books I bought in Singapore, namely The Hundred Foot Journey by Richard C. Morais (a quick, easy read) and Wild Swans: Three Daughters of China by Jung Chang (I previously dedicated an entry for this). That means, apart from my Collected Works of F. Scott Fitzgerald, which is rather like a reference for my planned Fitzgerald project, I now have four other books to read, i.e. Apollo's Angels: A History of Ballet by Jennifer Homans, A Woman in Berlin by Anonymous, The Blind Assassin by Margaret Atwood, and Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy by John le CarrĂ©. I recently ordered Cleopatra: A Life by Stacy Schiff (not shown), which was one of the best non-fiction books chosen by many major publications last year.

I love reading so much. I really do. I love the feeling I get when I finish reading a book. The joy of turning the last page of a book gives me a sense of accomplishment. More knowledge learned, regardless of whether the book is a fiction or a non-fiction. In my opinion, I usually learn as much from a fiction as well, if not more. Also, it indicates a time to buy more! I enjoy going to bookshop more than I love surfing amazon website to look for new bargains. I love smelling books and being close to them. I'm such a book nerd, I know, but seriously, who cares? Reading more is always good for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment